Do truck drivers require a special type of license?

Yes.  Operating large commercial motor vehicles requires specialized skills and training.  This includes trucks and other large commercial vehicles (including buses).  Therefore, Texas law requires that these drivers get a “commercial drivers license,” also known as a “CDL.”

In order to get a CDL, the applicant must show they have the training and qualifications to operate large commercial motor vehicles.

Scroll to Top