Car accidents are an everyday event. That is why you need an experienced lawyer that has specialized in helping victims of car accidents in the Dallas / Fort Worth area since 1994. As an attorney that once worked for an insurance company, Robert C. Slim has gained valuable experience handling injury claims resulting from car accidents. If you are involved in a car accident, there are several things you should keep in mind.
Car Accident “Do’s”
1. Make sure you get the other drivers information such as:
- Name, physical address, and telephone number
- Drivers license number and state of issuance
- Date of birth
- Insurance company name and policy number
2. Be sure to also get some information on the other drivers vehicle such as:
- The year, make and model of the vehicle;
- License plate number and state;
3. Get the names and telephone numbers of any eye-witnesses to the accident
4. If the police come to the accident scene, make sure you get the police report number from the officer at the scene.
5. If you are injured, either go to the emergency room or to your personal doctor.
6. Try to get pictures of your car damage and any visible injuries you may have.
Car Accident “Don’ts”
1. DO NOT argue with the other driver or the police officer.
2. DO NOT give any sort of written or recorded statement to anyone about the accident.
3. DO NOT delay in getting medical treatment.
4. DO NOT try to handle the case yourself.