Car Accident Attorney

Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas

Car Accident attorney

Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas

Car Accident Attorney in DallasIn the Dallas – Fort Worth area, car accidents are unfortunately a fact of everyday life. According to a Texas Department of Transportation report, a car accident occurs in Texas every 81 seconds. Additionally, one person is killed in a car accident every 2 hours and 54 minutes and one person is injured every 2 minutes and 26 seconds.

Each year, the number of car accidents across the country increases. The number of reported automobile crashes has risen by more than a million over the past five years, bringing the most recent totals to over 6 million crashes per year. The majority of the crashes result in bodily injury, and unfortunately a significant amount of those accidents results in the death of someone with fatal injuries each year. Not only do car wrecks result in physical damage and injuries, but there are also financial and emotional consequences that auto accident victims may face.

An Experienced Accident Attorney Will Help Protect Your Rights.

If you are the unfortunate victim of a car accident in Dallas, Car Accident Lawyer Robert C. Slim is here to help. Losses resulting from car accidents can range from wrongful death to serious personal injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, as well as physical pain and mental anguish.  And accidents can range from a simple collision, to a trucking accident, hit-and-run, drunk driver, and a variety of other types of crashes.

Car wreck attorney, Robert C. Slim, has been helping victims of car accidents throughout the Dallas – Fort Worth and surrounding North Texas communities since 1994. Over the years, he has gained the legal skills and strong reputation to help you too. Nothing can be more devastating to a person or their family than a serious personal injury or the wrongful death of a loved one. You and your family suffer physically, financially, and emotionally, while everything you have worked for in your life crumbles before your very eyes.

The only way you can be sure that your case will be properly handled is to hire an experienced attorney to represent you. Not only will Robert C. Slim know how to prepare your case for maximum value, he also knows how to properly negotiate your claim to get the highest possible settlement. Get your free personal injury consultation today by calling 214-321-8225 or by submitting the free consultation form.

Dallas Car Accident Attorney

What "to do' and what "not to do" after a car accident.

Here are a few things to keep in mind after an accident:
Car accident information exchange
Get Eye-witness Information:
Exchange information for car accident
Get The Other Driver's Information:
What Insurance Information should I get after a car accident?

What if the driver says they don’t have any insurance? 

Make sure you still get as much of the information mentioned above.  You will have to give this information to your insurance company when you report the claim.

Download and print the Car Accident Information Form below and keep it in your car. This will help you make sure you get all the information you need if you are ever involved in a car accident.

If the Police come...

Sometimes a police officer will investigate the accident and make out an accident report that contains this information. If the police do make out a report, then the investigating officer will give you a report number that you can use to get a copy of the accident report. If your car is not drivable, or if you are taken to the hospital, your car will also be towed to the auto pound.

At the accident scene,

  • NEVER be rude or confrontational with the other driver or police officers.
  • NEVER sign anything or put anything in writing about the events surrounding the accident or injuries. 

Many police departments in the Dallas area have cut back on making police reports for less serious accidents and normally do not come to the scene unless there is a need to keep the peace or if the drivers are not cooperating with each other in exchanging information.

When dealing with the insurance Company...

 One of the biggest misconceptions in a car accident case is that the insurance company is there to help and protect you. In fact, it is quite the opposite!  If you are involved in an auto accident with another driver who is at fault, then that driver’s insurance company has the legal and contractual duty to protect and defend the other driver from your claim or lawsuit. Although the adjuster will investigate your claim, the investigation is done in order to determine how strong your case is and whether they can uncover some legal defense.  In the end, the insurance company’s loyalty is to their driver, and not to you!

  • Never give any written or recorded statement.  The adjuster for the other driver will probably tell you that a statement is legally required, but it is not.  The reason they want to get your recorded statement is to have something to use against you in the event you take legal action for the car wreck.
  • Never sign a Release.  Do not sign a release or anything that says it is a release.  Do not even sign a check that says it is a release. If you do, you may lose all your rights.
  • Do not sign any Authorizations, such as medical or employment authorizations.  If you do, then you may be giving unlimited access to your private records and information.  This gives the adjuster the ability to collect information to defend against you injury claim.

Diminution in Value Claim

If your car was repaired after an automobile accident, it probably will not have the same value as it did prior to the accident.  Under Texas law, you are entitled to recovery for the depreciation in value of your car.  Click here to learn more about making a claim for the diminution in value of your vehicle.

Free Personal Injury Case Consultation

It is very important to get proper legal representation from an experienced Dallas car accident attorney. Call 214-321-8225 or submit your case for a free consultation and personal case review.


What information should I get after a car accident?

Get the other driver’s:

  • Name
  • Address
  • Telephone Number
  • Date of Birth
  • Drivers License Number

Also, be sure to get the insurance company name and policy number.

Download your free Car Accident Information Form.

How do I get a copy of the accident report?

Getting your accident report is as simple as visiting the Texas Crash Records Information System (C.R.I.S.).  There, you can download a certified copy of the report.

You can also get your report from the police department that investigated the accident.

However, you cannot get your report until it is completed.  Accident reports can take anywhere from 3 to 10 business days to be completed.

What sort of damages can I get if I was injured in a car accident in Texas?

If you were injured in a car accident, you may be entitled to recover money for:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Pain & suffering

Read more about the types of damages you can get if you are injured in a car accident.

What if the other driver did not have insurance?

Unfortunately, nearly 1 out of 5 vehicles on our Texas roadways are uninsured.  If you are involved in a car wreck with an uninsured vehicle, then your might have to make an uninsured motorist claim on your own policy.  This would also be true if you get into a “hit and run” accident.

Even if the other vehicle had insurance, but the insurance is not enough to cover your losses, then you can also make a claim for Under-insured Motorist on your onw policy.

Therefore, it is always smart to carry the right types of insurance coverage just in case you need it.

Can I get more money than the insurance policy limits?

Every insurance policy has a limit that they will pay for a car accident.  But sometimes our injuries and losses can exceed the limits of that policy.  Technically, you are not required to accept the policy limits to settle your case.  But practically speaking, the insurance policy is probably all you will be able to collect and here is why….

How do I hire an attorney for my car accident case and what does it cost?

Hiring an attorney for your car accident case is not only smart, it is simple.  All you do is call the attorney’s office and ask to speak with someone about a new case.  Of course, when you call Robert C. Slim, you will talk to him personally.  And the consultation is absolutely free.

All my car accident injury cases are handled on a contingency fee basis.  That means the attorney is paid when their is money recovered on your case.  You pay the attorney no money up front.